This blog has been created to discuss the topics covered in my book : Beyond Discouragement-Creativity.
My goal is to post relevant news articles which both reflect and refute my opinions and observations. As a visitor, your comments would be most appreciated. - Bienvenue. À vous la parole.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

There is nothing like having your opinions justified by scientific reflection.

The Complex Origins Of The "Aha Moment" - Anne McIlroy - The Globe and Mail - Jan 29, 2011.

"There are growing concerns (in scientific and educational circles) that creativity is on the decline in North America. A recent, as yet unpublished study by  Kyung Hee Kim at the College of William and Mary in Virginia suggests that creativity levels among nearly 300,000 adults and children in the United States and Canada are falling, at least as measured by a commonly used test."

I can't help but feel vindicated by this comment from the scientific milieu. It definitely infers that my rant is more an essay than a rant - more a commonly considered notion than a figment of my imagination. Phew! 40 years of observations finally recognized as valid. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment