This blog has been created to discuss the topics covered in my book : Beyond Discouragement-Creativity.
My goal is to post relevant news articles which both reflect and refute my opinions and observations. As a visitor, your comments would be most appreciated. - Bienvenue. À vous la parole.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Low income bright kids do not go hand in hand with high income bright kids. . . They, uhm. . . just don't fit.

School Of Hard Knocks - Sarah Boesvelt - National Post - Feb 08-2011
The District School Board of Niagara (Canada) announced that they will open DSBN Academy - a public school (?) just for students whose parents don't have a university or college degree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now. . . please, please explain to this "bear of little brain" the rationale behind streaming kids by income and education level. . . of parents? What in hell does that have to do with a child's potential to succeed? Please explain to me the advantages of segregating children on one side and the other of the proverbial railroad tracks? I thought we had been through that type of bigotry eons ago. AGAIN, I say, the education systems of our times are antiquated and lack not only vision but empathy for those they are there to SERVE. I am so angry I am going to shut up, now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment